Do I Qualify for Permanent Partial Benefits If I Am No Longer Working for The Employer Where I Was Injured?

Yes, you qualify for permanent partial benefits even if you are no longer working for the employer where you were injured. As long as your last authorized medical treatment was less than two years ago or the last payment received by you was less than two years ago, you can potentially file a claim. Your workers’ compensation rights apply the moment you are injured and do not require ongoing employment.

The workers’ compensation system can be complex to navigate.  That’s why we strongly recommend that you speak with an experienced workers’ comp attorney regarding the specifics of your case. Contact Petro Cohen for a free consultation by phone at 888-675-7607 or by completing our online form.

Suing Versus Filing for Workers’ Compensation

Contact Us

Your Name

Phone Number


Describe your case

Why Work With PCPM?

  • Highest firm rating (A/V) from Martindale-Hubbell
  • Recognized by "Best Lawyers in America®" every year since 1995
  • Named in every (15) "NJ Super Lawyers®" survey for Workers' Compensation and 12 for Personal Injury