What is Permanent Partial Disability and How Do You Go About Receiving It?

This is the third benefit of workers’ compensation and most people (even lawyers) know the least about this benefit. This benefit is potentially payable in most cases where your injury is more than minor, but you should retain a lawyer to fully pursue this benefit in Workers’ Compensation Court.

Few insurance carriers voluntarily pay (or at least fully pay) this benefit. Even if your workers’ compensation carrier has voluntarily paid for your medical treatment and your temporary disability benefits, you may still be entitled to permanent partial disability. We can file a Claim Petition on your behalf and ask the Workers’ Compensation Judge to award you this benefit. If you receive such compensation, it is a tax-free benefit to you. The Judge of Compensation will usually award this benefit approximately one year after you complete active medical treatment.

We strongly recommend that you consult with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney who will make sure you receive all the benefits to which you may be entitled.  For a free consultation with a member of Petro Cohen’s workers’ comp team, give us a call at 888-675-7607 or complete our online form and someone will be in touch with you promptly.

Contact Us

Your Name

Phone Number


Describe your case

Why Work With PCPM?

  • Highest firm rating (A/V) from Martindale-Hubbell
  • Recognized by "Best Lawyers in America®" every year since 1995
  • Named in every (15) "NJ Super Lawyers®" survey for Workers' Compensation and 12 for Personal Injury