What is Personal Injury?
In legal terms, personal injury refers to any injury that a victim may sustain to his or her body, mind, or emotions. However, in order for it to be considered a successful personal injury claim, the victim and his or her legal counsel must be able to prove that the injury or condition was directly caused by the wrongdoing or negligence of another party.
Several of the most common types of personal injury lawsuits stem from truck, motorcycle, boating, or car wrecks, as well as accidents at construction sites or cases in which a victim slipped and fell on another party’s property.
Many personal injury cases can be particularly complex, especially if there is more than one party who may be held accountable for the accident. One of the benefits of working with a personal injury lawyer is that he or she can provide counsel in areas that may be difficult for a victim to understand. For example, an attorney may be able to obtain police reports, speak to physicians or witnesses on behalf of the plaintiff, and arrange for expert testimonies that the victim may not otherwise be able to secure.
What to Look For in a Personal Injury Attorney
There are many things to look for when deciding to hire a personal injury attorney. A few essential qualities to inquire about n your process of finding the right attorney are listed below.
- What is the attorney’s track record in the courtroom? When interviewing a potential personal injury attorney, ask how many cases the attorney has won out of how many were tried. Instead of looking at numbers, look at percentages.
- How many cases has the attorney handled? It is important to know if the attorney has the skill and experience necessary to obtain the maximum amount of compensation.
- Has the attorney handled cases similar to yours? If so, what were the results? Partnering with an attorney who has the specific experience needed to handle your case could prove to be invaluable.
- Does the attorney have documented success handling high-compensation cases? Multimillion-dollar cases are high-pressure cases. It is critical to have an attorney who can handle the pressure.
- How many years of experience does the attorney have dealing with your type of case? A potential client has every right to ask about the attorney’s years of practice. And, it is critical to do so. An experienced attorney will understand the process, have a good idea of the value of the case, and know how to get the maximum award.
A knowledgeable personal injury attorney can help you determine if you have a case and can represent you through the litigation process. If you are seriously injured as the result of the negligence of another, using the services of a personal injury lawyer will relieve a great deal of stress so that you can focus on your recovery.
Contact Petro Cohen Law Firm Today
At Petro Cohen, P.C., we take personal injury personally. Our personal injury lawyers have been recognized locally and statewide for their legal excellence in this dynamic practice area.
The lawyers at our firm will handle your personal injury needs including auto accident injuries, construction litigation, and premises liability with the dedication, respect, and focus you should expect from your legal representation. Our trained attorneys and staff take the time to carefully listen to your individual story, working hard to obtain settlements for lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering, and to help bring you closure. We have handled thousands of personal injury cases with successful outcomes for our clients.
As respected attorneys with decades of experience, we know how best to address the challenges and frustrations often encountered in litigated matters. Should you ever have a question or a concern, let us know immediately and we will take prompt steps to solve the problem as quickly as possible, and to your satisfaction. It is our objective to develop a strong professional relationship with you and to continue to be the firm of your choice should you be in need of our services in the future.
With over 100 years of combined legal experience, firm attorneys Susan Petro, Rich Gaeckle, and Mike Veneziani will handle your personal injury case, fighting for full and fair compensation in every case they handle. They have successfully handled thousands of personal injury cases for clients throughout Southern New Jersey. Additionally, Petro Cohen law firm was named to the prestigious U.S. News & World Report & Best Law Firms in America® list in New Jersey for Personal Injury in 2017.
If you or someone you love sustained a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, or other life-threatening condition in the Atlantic City area and you feel that you have a viable case, it is important to consult with a personal injury attorney to guarantee that you receive the maximum settlement that you may deserve. Contact Petro Cohen Law Firm about your personal injury case as soon as possible for more information about pursuing a claim by calling (888) 675-7607.